CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
LitFest New West – Short Story Competition
LitFest New West, Darychuk Law, and Tenth to the Fraser are pleased to announce that submissions are being accepted until midnight January 15, 2017 for the LitFest New West – Short Story Competition. All stories must be fiction and set in New Westminster.
Adult Short Story Fiction winners
- First Prize – $500
- Second Prize – $200
- Third Prize – $100
Youth Short Story Fiction: 12-13, 14-15, 16-18 (each category)
- First Prize winner – $100
- First Runner Up – $75
- Second Runner Up – $50
PLUS one Jury’s Favourite – $25 – for a piece that stands out to the jury regardless of Child/Youth Age category.
- Open to anyone regardless of where they reside but the story must be fiction and set in New Westminster.
- One entry per person and story must not have been previously published in print or on the web.
- LitFest New West Organizing Committee Members are not eligible to participate.
- Entry fees for 19+: ACNW Members: free submission, Non-Members $25 (Click here to become a member of the Arts Council of New Westminster)
(writers can submit a story without membership – or to become an ACNW member, they can pay $20 and submit free as a member).
- Free to Children/Youth entries (12-18 yrs)
Adult: Min: 1,200 – Max. 1,500
Children/Youth (12-18 yrs) – Min: 500 – Max. 1,000
HOW TO SUBMIT ENTRIES:
- Entries should be typed, double-spaced, in a clear twelve-point font, and the pages numbered.
- Submissions will be accepted attached via email in a docx file format only.
- Include a separate cover letter with title of story, full name, a headshot photo in jpg format, bio (50 words max), address, phone number, email address, word count, and number of pages of entry.
- Entries must be emailed to email@example.com by midnight January 15, 2017 to be eligible.
Results will be announced during LitFest New West 2017. Winning Adult entry will be published in the April 2017 edition of Tenth to the Fraser. All winners will be published on www.tenthtothefraser.ca and www.litfestnewwest.com in April 2017.